Jan 1, 2012

Adios 2011

Another year has come to an end. 2011 is gone, but the memories will last forever. Since I just recently started blogging, I figured I'd give you the run down of my 2011 highlights.


A super fun "Goodbye to our 20's" trip with my college girls in the Bahamas!
I love these girls. We all live in different states....and countries (one of them lives in Switzerland), but there is no distance or time that keeps us from picking up right where we left off! Special thanks to the hubbies of the married girls who let us borrow your wives for an extended period of time :). We had a blast, made some wonderful memories, and said Au Revoir to our twenties in style! I can assure you that the Bahamas will never ever be the same. Discussion for our next milestone celebration has already begun!



*(This photo needs no caption, but I can't resist)*
Free Tequila Shots, Cheap Mexican Beer, and Very Broken Sunglasses...proof we may be approaching our 30's but can still party like 21 year olds.




I turned 30 and didn't die!
Seriously, I thought it was going to be the end of the World. I celebrated with a day at the pool with the girls and a "Made in the 80's" themed Bar Crawl that night with friends. So much fun!

I was Jem, from my favorite 80's cartoon.
 Also present on the Bar Crawl were Jem's Holograms, Milli Vanilli, Slash and Axl Rose, and several other awesome 80's costumes.




We had our annual family vacation at the beach! 

Catching some waves with some of my nieces and nephew




I went on my first ever camping trip and survived! 

What's a camping trip without a mouth full of marshmallows? 

And best picture of the trip goes to...my friends Audra and David! Are they a fun couple or what?!?! This pic was inspired by their most recent exciting news....Audra is pregnant!




I got to see the one and only Britney Spears in concert!
Say what you want, but I even loved her when she she was bald and bat-shit crazy so this was BIG deal for me!  
Those teenage Britney fans were NOT ready for these 30 year olds!




Had a blast on our Annual Girls Beach Trip!


You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl!




I took my nieces and nephews to the fair and watched their sweet little eyes light up all day long.


A little dancing in the rain!

This sweet little face has no idea that that Goat is about to eat her hair for lunch. 



Celebrated the Holidays with my family! 


Yes, we are fun. We played our own version of Minute to Win it.

You know you are old when you get tupperware for Christmas and are genuinely excited about it!

The whole family on Christmas Day

2012 Christmas Card? I think so! 


Every year has it's ups and downs, and 2011 was no exception. There were plenty of moments I could have done without. But those bad moment made the great moments so much sweeter. 2011 re-confirmed for me what I already knew. I am a truly blessed girl. At times, I complain about everything I don't have....but it doesn't take long for me to remember how much I do have. I have great family who loves and supports me. I have the best friends a girl could ask for. And I have a savior who loves me no matter what! With all those wonderful people by my side...how could I go wrong? So to that I say....goodbye 2011 and BRING IT ON 2012! This girl is ready!

Happy New Year to you all! I hope 2012 is the best yet for you and those you love!

1 comment:

Amy Liz said...

Paula Grace...how could you abandon your followers after such an awesome 'year in review' post?!! Come back...we need to know what's going on in that life of yours!!!